June 13, 2010

Wasted on the Young, by Ben C Lucas

This movie was a complete waste of time, I cannot believe it is part of the festival’s official competition and thus part of the films we were required to see. The only thing I liked of the entire film was the underwater shots of the swimming team; I thought they were the only original and interesting cinematography I was able to find in the movie. I don’t even know were to start. The story was pathetic, it was a combination of Gossip Girls with I know What You Did Last Summer, Step Brothers, and who knows what else. In a sense, it reminded me of the horror films from the 90s, which tried to scare and condemn young and irresponsible teenagers who got involved in drugs and sex. Was it trying to be a wake up call for parents? If it did, with such an unrealistic story line and poor acting it completely failed on doing so.

No comments: