June 09, 2010

Sydney Film Festival Opening Night


The journey has finally begun. We have been talking so much about the opening night of the film festival that the excitement around these 12 days ahead of us is incredible. We will be seeing 22 movies, a record in my book. Watching the trailers and reading the synopsis of so many films made me wanting to see each and every single one of them. However, I have being hoping that I won't get too tired and confused after watching so many movies in a road.

Yesterday was the opening night. What a unique experience. It was very rewarding to see on stage the people that have put so much work and effort on the making of Solitary South. Moreover, being in such a magnificent theater brought the whole movie experience to another level. It was the first time that I was immersed in a crowd that is directly involved in making films. In fact, I had a very good time absorbing what was going on around me by watching quietly the movement of people searching for their seats and mingling around while we were waiting for the event to start.

No comments: