June 15, 2010

The Kids Are All Right, by Lisa Cholodenko

I would not say this film was the best choice to close the festival, but it was definitely an interesting one. I thought they could have picked something more memorable and less commercial. However, I appreciated the fact that they decided to end the festival with a non-conventional comedy.

I thought that the acting was excellent. The gay couple was very realistic. In fact, only towards the end of the film was when it crossed my mind that those two women on the screen were straight in their real lives. Moreover, Mia Wasikowska was very good at her role. She could not have being more genuine in the final scene when she sees her family drive away. I also particularly liked how they showed the story line from the perspective of all those involved in it. You relate and sympathize with each one of them as the story evolves.

No comments: